|Intro||(Has six different intro, see the Intro heading under Quotes)|
|Type||Look and Run Chaser|
|Signs of nearing||Deep demonic quotes|
|Origin||SCP: Containment Breach|
|Map(s)||Containment Breach, Special maps|
|Theme song||Unnamed SCP-049 Chase Theme similar to Hell Knight's|
|Partners|| A SCP-049 duplicate
SCP-173 (Containment Breach Only)
Mobile Task Force (Containment Breach Only)
SCP-049 or "The Plague Doctor" is a SCP boss in Slender Fortress.
Contained by the MIB organization known as the SCP Foundation that secures supernatural entities and items called SCPs, SCP-049 is a male humanoid draped in a plague doctor uniform that is revealed to be his skin. Suffering from delusions that certain people are infected with the Black Plague and he is the only cure, SCP-049 will find these certain people before touching them, instantly killing them before he performs surgery on their corpse and reanimates them as mindless "cured" zombie-like creatures.
In Slender FortressEdit
SCP-049 is a boss in boss pack 5, being one of the many chasers, SCP-049 kills anyone regardless of class upon contact with his deadly touch. When chasing the player, his speed can be slightly decreased when someone is looking upon him and, when idle he will crouch down which makes him difficult to spot, only getting up and attacking the player if he sees them. This makes it possible to keep him unalerted by couching past him out of sight. An experienced player who pays attention to his or her environment can hear his deep pitch quotes, indicating that he is nearby and can use this to their advantage and escape or hide before he spots them. Another good tactic is to stay alone or in small groups of at least no bigger than 2 instead of large ones since his one-hit lethal touch can quickly turn disastrous for players who are close together.
- "I am the cure"
- "I have come to cure you. You all have the disease."
- "If you thought Obamacare was something you clearly have not seen my cure."
- "This is an intervention. You will be cured."
- "I will save you all from the disease that happens to be plaguing your bodies."
- "What do you mean by calm down? I am already calm."
- "Hide and run all you want. I still know where you are."
- "I see you!"
- "I sense the disease."
- "My cure is the most effective."
- "Stop hiding and let me help you."
- "I can cure you."
- "It's not too late. I can cure you."
- "It's only a matter of time."
- "You cannot escape your fate no matter what you do."
- "Come right to me because it is time for the cure, my dear one."
- "This will be over before you know it and I can guarantee that it will be."
- "I hear the diseased heart beating."
- SCP-049 utilizes his model from SCP - Containment Breach. Strangely, however, his quotes are not from the game. They are instead from an unknown source, possibly created solely for Slender Fortress, having a much deeper and demonic voice (unlike his usually soft calm tone) sounding identical to that of Maledict, the voice heard at the beginning of Hellfire.
- SCP-049 is very much hated by players in Containment Breach since people tend to stick together in tight groups and are killed due to the tight environment and hallways, it is not recommended to stay together in large numbers otherwise he could quickly wipe out the entire team, but this reason is probably due to inexperienced players or players who don't really care.